Martin Andersen, f. 1809, s. Bringåker 1853

Moderator: MOD_Vestfold

Svar
gj09631
Sted: USA

Martin Andersen, f. 1809, s. Bringåker 1853

Legg inn av gj09631 » 8. januar 2014 kl. 0.02

I am a volunteer helping to compile a database of Norwegians who served as in the Wisconsin 15th regiment during the US Civil War.

One such soldier is listed as Martin Andersen, f. 20 jan 1809 at Bringåker in Botne. He is said to have joined the Civil War in 1862 while living on a farm in Wisconsin with his wife and 4 children.

In the 1953 bygdebok for Botne, I find on page 302 a Martin Andersen at the Nordre Bringåker farm, født ca 1809 and later married to Karen Marie Jakobsdtr. He is said to have sold the farm in 1853, but the book does not say what he did after that. He is listed as having had 6 children. Of the children, life information is only provided on 2 -- the oldest, who married and lived in Norway, and the youngest, who died the year he was born.

I was able to find the birth and marriage of Martin Andersen in the church book, but not his emigration.

Might someone have information on whether or not the Martin Andersen listed in the bygdebok emigrated to the US, and if so, in what year?

Takk så mye -- De kan skriver på norsk,

John Reindl
Norwegian-American Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library
Madison, WI USA
http://www.nagcnl.org

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Holmestrand»