READING ARCHIVES PAGE

Moderator: MOD_Vestfold

Svar
gj06423
Sted: AUSTRALIA

READING ARCHIVES PAGE

Legg inn av gj06423 » 5. januar 2009 kl. 13.41

hi
I HAVE BEEN QUERING THIS ALSO IN OTHER PLACE FORUMS LIKE HALDEN AND FREDRIKSTAD FORUMS
i am hopeing someone can help me
i am looking to find out where nils anderson and his wife anna maria settled down so i might find out where nils died
i found them arriving in hof parish in october 1845 from berg ostfold but found them leaving again in 1847 but i cant understand where it says that they went this time .I think nils went to eidsfoss as he was a nail smith and eidsfoss had a ironworks at the time but i have no reason why he would leave if someone can tell me what it says where he went it would be much appreciated
THIS IS THE LINK TO THE ARRIVAL LEFT PAGE AND DEPARTURES RIGHT PAGE RIGHT HAND SIDE

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?i ... _side=-191

right hand page right hand corner entry number 40 nils andersen ane maria and it says 3 barn
ole vidar nilsen

Anne Lisbeth Stavland
Sted: BREMNES

Re: READING ARCHIVES PAGE

Legg inn av Anne Lisbeth Stavland » 5. januar 2009 kl. 15.05

Hello :)

My suggestion is Hasselverk, abr. for Hassel Jernverk (jernverk = ironwork). This was situated in Øvre Eiker, Buskerud.

www.eiker.org/Linker/KMR/KMR-nytt-2007-07-01-HasselJernverk.htm

But this is just my suggestion. Hopefully someone else can give their opinion too.
Here is a link to ironworks in Norway most of them if any do not exist any longer. no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jernverk#Norske_jernverk

Mvh
Anne Lisbeth

Kjell Halvorsen
Sted: ÅMOT

Re: READING ARCHIVES PAGE

Legg inn av Kjell Halvorsen » 5. januar 2009 kl. 16.36

It reads Hasselverk and I tend to agree with Anne Lisbeth who suggests that this is Hassel Jernverk. I have noted that Hasselverk is the fraze used in church records of Eiker when people moved away from the place also.

In 1854 Hassel Jernverk was sold on auction and most of the production was discontinued and finally stopped in the 1870s. What happened to Nils and his family, did they move again ? I've checked church records of Modum and Bakke in Eiker for possible confirmations of Johan Herman and Anders Magnus without success.

Kjell H.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Hof»