Parish records, Langerud, Vstby.

Moderator: MOD_Buskerud

Svar
gj05502
Sted: CANADA

Parish records, Langerud, Vstby.

Legg inn av gj05502 » 15. januar 2008 kl. 22.02

Hello from Canada,
I have ancestors that come from Sigdal and have done quite a bit of research and was helped by different people from the area a few years ago. I am back doing some research and forgot how to read the parish records in the 1770-80's. In 1782, for example there are the baptisms on p. 39-40. In the record itself there is the baptism date but on the left column there is another date or Sunday. Is that the date of Introduceret? OR????
Also is there an index of deaths or any event for this area?
My mother was a Langrud (Langerud). Other family names that are related are Stovern, Vestby, I think. 4 of them went to America and kept the name Langrud.
Thanks for your assistance.
David Vinge
Edmonton

Kjell Halvorsen
Sted: ÅMOT

Re: Parish records, Langerud, Vstby.

Legg inn av Kjell Halvorsen » 28. januar 2008 kl. 19.14

Hi,

At the very beginning of the churchbook there is register and it says that page 459 contains an index page 459 . At the very bottom on the left side of these indexpages is written quote Hvor og af Hvem KirkeTienesten er forrettet ovenstaaende Aar unquote, which in English would be something like 'Where and by Whom the services was being held the preceding year'.

So I thing the leftmost column on each page in the churchbook contains exactly that information, only that some columns do not carry the information of whom actually held the services that day. This page shows initials S.P. at left for the most of the dates and at times initials R.C. shows. These initials most probably stands for SognePresten and Residerende Capelanpage 49 .

Date of introduksjon of the childs mother is the last entry of every christening record.

I am afraid I cannot answer your other queries.

Kjell H.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Sigdal»