Is there a Norwegian resource for comparing DNA

Moderator: MOD_DNA

Svar
dn36540

Is there a Norwegian resource for comparing DNA

Legg inn av dn36540 » 1. mars 2017 kl. 16.48

I live in Minnesota. I have had my DNA tested and have found a site called gedmatch that allows me to upload my raw DNA for comparison with other individuals. I have then been using the program genome mate pro to take the comparison results and build a "data base" in which to compare and mark the triangulations with the appropriate family members.

That being said. I am wondering if there is a site like that in Norway. I have the data from myself, two sisters and my maternal aunt as a foundation and would love to explore it in more detail.

Have a great day!

Brukeravatar
Anne M. Berge
Sted: GAMLE FREDRIKSTAD

Re: Is there a Norwegian resource for comparing DNA

Legg inn av Anne M. Berge » 1. mars 2017 kl. 17.02

Most Norwegians test through the Norway DNA project, under FamilyTreeDNA. Some also use third party services like GEDmatch.

Where have you tested, and what type of test? If you have tested at FTDNA please join the Norway project. If you have tested at AncestryDNA or 23andMe you can transfer your raw data to FTDNA and get a full matching there for a small fee - and also join Norway DNA.

See Norway DNA website for more information.
Anne M Berge
Moderator: DNA
Les dette før du poster din melding
Admin for Norgesprosjektet DNA

dn36540

Re: Is there a Norwegian resource for comparing DNA

Legg inn av dn36540 » 1. mars 2017 kl. 20.27

I have an ancestry DNA test and am currently being evaluated with 23andme. I will check out the link. Thanks for your prompt response. I will upload everyone :)
Lucy Stabeck

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Generelt om DNA-testing for slekt»