Moderator: MOD_Rogaland

Svar
Brukeravatar
Rolf B. Holte
Sted: SANDEFJORD
Kontakt:

Johan or Charles (Karl) Andersen born about 1832

Legg inn av Rolf B. Holte » 16. mai 2018 kl. 9.39

Fikk epost fra ukjent person i Austraila som ønsker å spore opp sine norske Tipoldefars familie. Antar de må enten har reist fra Tau, eller kommet derfra (Vet at det finnes Tau i Stavanger):

My name is Beverly Lindkvist from Australia,( my husband is Swedish) I am trying to find the origins of my GGgrandfather, don't know if you can help.

His name is either Johan or Charles (Karl) Andersen born about 1832 came to Australia about 1852 said he came from Tau slipp in Norway,and was a carpenter as was his father "Angus" his mother name was "Elizabeth".

May have traveled to Australia with another Norwegian named "Peder Pederson".

Thank you for reading this and I understand this is a real longshot, but I have to try.

Regards Beverly
l.beverly01@optusnet.com.au
mvh Rolf B. Holte
DNA koordinator i Vestfold
Les dette før du poster din melding

Anne Berit Mæland
Sted: BREMNES

Re: Johan or Charles (Karl) Andersen born about 1832

Legg inn av Anne Berit Mæland » 25. februar 2019 kl. 14.56

Eg har også fått mail frå Australia;
"I am an Australian who is still searching to find the real Norwegian name of my great grandfather. Hopefully, I am now a little closer, having found his arrival in Australia as crew on a ship from England, arriving in Sydney in November 1851, having left London in July 1851. Unfortunately, the English had a habit of anglicising foreign crew names, and his English crew name was Peter Paterson. Therefore if his crew name is not false, his Norwegian name could have been Peter or Pedder Pedersen or Petersen. He was born in 1835-36 so would have been about 15 years old. He consistently listed Stavanger as his birth place but I suspect that was used generically. Most of my DNA matches have links to people in the islands around Stavanger, which makes sense as he said his father’s occupation was a ships pilot.

I also discovered that he travelled with another Norwegian called John Anderson who was also on the crew list. He was 20 years old having been born in 1831 apparently in Tau, Rogaland. So his Norwegian name could have been Johan Andersen, but later he called himself Charles Anderson (Carl). They both deserted the ship and had a police bounty of 5 pounds for their apprehension.

A few months later they sailed from Sydney to Melbourne, under new names and went to the Victorian gold fields. They married two sisters from England, had children and died in Australia. I suspect they were somehow related. I am the great grandson of Peter Patterson, who changed his name to William Roberts before he married.

I would be interested if you have any male members in your family tree who were born about 1835-36, then disappeared.

His first born daughter carried the first names of Abigail Bertha and I know Abigail was her English grandmothers first name, so assume Bertha was the Norwegian grandmothers first name. He also said on his Marriage Certificate that his mothers maiden name was Williamson. A son was called Edwin Charles and he died at birth, so the next son was named Edward Charles. Charles was a name from his wife's family so Edwin or Edward may have had a Norwegian link. And finally he had a daughter called Lillias Johannah which had no linkages to his wife's family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Eg har leita etter begge desse mennene, men har ikkje funne dei. Er det nokon som kan ha meir informasjon om dei? All informasjon er av interresse!

mvh Anne Berit Mæland

Tor Bjørn Ueland
Sted: Sandnes

Legg inn av Tor Bjørn Ueland » 25. februar 2019 kl. 20.47

In the Strand parish book for the period 1834-1854 I found the birth of Johannes Andersen Norland on 27. August and the baptism on 31. August in 1834. His father was Anders Johannessen. Johannes may well have been anglicised Johan and Anders misspelt Angus?
Link to page: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/6347/32810/1
Link to picture: http://urn.digitalarkivet.no/URN:NBN:no ... 620648.jpg
Norland is a farm only 2.3 kilometers away from Tau, both in Strand parish, county Rogaland, Norway.
May be worth some further research.

Best regards,
TB

Brukeravatar
Astrid Mollan
Sted: KRISTIANSUND N

Legg inn av Astrid Mollan » 26. februar 2019 kl. 12.15

NORLAND, P
Ship: SHAMROCK I; Arrival Date: JUN 1852; Age: -; Destination: SYDNEY; Master: BELL WILLIAM; Film Ref date: JUN 1852; Page of list: 1

DATE:1852
SERIES:Outward Passengers index

Kan dette være noe.

https://prov.vic.gov.au/search_journey/ ... ds=Norland

https://prov.vic.gov.au/search_journey/ ... search-top

Name
J Norland
Birth
abt 1823
Origin
Norway
Departure
London
Arrival
Sydney, New South Wales 5 Oct 1886
Du har ikke de nødvendige tillatelsene for å vise filene som er tilknyttet dette innlegget.
Astrid M

Anne Berit Mæland

Legg inn av Anne Berit Mæland » 26. februar 2019 kl. 15.38

Tusen takk til både Tor Bjørn Ueland og Astrid Mollan, dette vil eg sjå nærare på! :)

Brukeravatar
Astrid Mollan
Sted: KRISTIANSUND N

Legg inn av Astrid Mollan » 26. februar 2019 kl. 16.18

Be dem om å få lenker/kopi av det de har funnet.
Astrid M

Anne Berit Mæland

Legg inn av Anne Berit Mæland » 27. februar 2019 kl. 6.37

No har eg fått litt meir informasjon om dei to nordmennene;
Du har ikke de nødvendige tillatelsene for å vise filene som er tilknyttet dette innlegget.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Rogaland - ukjent sted»