Brita Tostensdtr. Foss

Moderator: MOD_Rogaland

Svar
Brukeravatar
Jonny Lyngstad
Sted: LYNGSTAD

Brita Tostensdtr. Foss

Legg inn av Jonny Lyngstad » 15. januar 2011 kl. 9.00

Fra Chet Habberstad i Underwood, Minnesota, se s. 22 i Slekt og Data nr. 4 i 2010, har jeg fått oversendt et spørsmål.

Irene Lundby som bor i Underwood, og hennes datter skal på besøk til Norge. De etterlyser slektninger her i Norge. Jeg regner med at det ikke bør by på problemer å finne nære slektninger som de kan komme i kontakt med og kanskje også besøke.

Dersom det er utkommet bygdebok for dette området, garden Foss i Suldal, se fra folketellinga 1900 http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcen ... rk=19#ovre

Jeg har e-postadressa til Chet og kan dermed formidle kontakt.

Her kommer hele meldinga fra Chet:

Hi Jonny,
I have another genealogy research project for you and your great DIS Norge counterparts. One of the ladies who belongs to the club that owns the Foss log cabin in Underwood has a request. Her name is Irene Lundby. She and her daughter are going to Norway next summer and they want to know if they can find living relatives in Norway on her Mother's side of the family. They know relatives on her Father's side.
All she knew was her mother's parents names and where they came from. I found out more on digitalarkivet but I am unable to work down and find her relations without having a bygdebook.
The area of Norway is Suldal and Sand in Rogaland.

Her mother's name was Britha Foss. (Not the same Foss family as the cabin) Britha was born in 1900 and came to America with her parents in 1903. Here is what I found on the internet tonight.

Tosten Torbjornsen - born 7 - 28 - 1866 at Hatleoen farm in Sand parish. (Rogaland)

married in 4 - 30 - 1895 to:

Sissil Ommundsdatter - born 1 - 16 - 1868 at Berge farm in Suldal.

They were on the Foss farm in Suldal in the 1900 census.

I find the parents of both Tosten and Sissel in the 1865 census.

Tosten's parents were: Thorbjorn Thorstensen born 1836 at Jelse Prest. and Britha Samuelsdatter born in 1843 at Sand parish. In 1865 they were living at Hatleoen and had one daughter Valborg born in 1863. Tosten of course was born after the 1865 census in 1866.

Sissel's parents were: Ommund Nielsen born 1824 and Britta Johnsdatter born 1829. They were living on the Berge farm in Suldal in 1865. They had 6 children at that time.
1. John born 1849
2. Valborg born 1852
3. Niels born 1855
4. Britta born 1861
5. Aad born 1858
6. Ommund born 1864.

Sissel was born after the 1865 census in 1868,

There may have been more children in these families but that is all I can come up with. So with this information do you think you can find her living relatives in Norway?

There is no hurry with this as she isn't coming to Norway till next summer. I could try and see if there is a bygdebook for Suldal and borrow that but I thought I would try you first.

Your friend

Chet Habberstad

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Suldal»