Ramshart or Ramshardt -- Farm name in Maelum, Telemark

For etterlysninger som ikke kan plasseres på ett av undernivåene

Moderator: MOD_Telemark

Svar
gj14077
Sted: De Forente Stater

Ramshart or Ramshardt -- Farm name in Maelum, Telemark

Legg inn av gj14077 » 19. januar 2012 kl. 0.11

My 4th great grandfather Petter Frantzen Ramshardt, born circa 1745, died 3 Jun 1805 in Maelum Telemark, appears in the 1801 Solum Census. He is a schoolteacher and lives at that time with wife Kari Olsdatter and son Niels Pettersen. I've been unsuccessful in finding his birth information or birth place.

It has been suggested by someone that Ramshart was a farm name and not a personal name handed down by parents. My understanding is that there is or was never a farm by that name and that he possibly immigrated from another country--maybe Denmark and that the name Ramshardt is Danish. There are Ramshardts from Denmark so I'm wondering if he is indeed Danish.

Is there a Ramshart or Ramshardt farm in Telemark?

Thanks,
Kathleen

dn09248
Sted: MANDAL

Re: Ramshart or Ramshardt -- Farm name in Maelum, Telemark

Legg inn av dn09248 » 26. januar 2012 kl. 15.59

In the local history of Solum says, among other things the farm Veholt. Hans and Anders received September 13, 1770 bygselbrev of the minister Knud Ramshart. Sognepresten died 1771 and his widow Walborg, f. Aalborg was entitled to take over the farm.
---- Around 1780 still living Anders and his wife Kirsti on Veholt (Wedholt).
Approximately 1783 - and Mrs. Ramshart ran it (the farm) for approx. 20 years to 1793, when she moved to Skien. (I have used Google translate.)

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Telemark - ukjent sted»