Update on research about the Blix Family of Skjerstad

Moderator: MOD_Nordland

Svar
Sted: Storbritania

Update on research about the Blix Family of Skjerstad

Legg inn av 74916 » 11. mai 2016 kl. 15.05

Dear DIS-Norge Members,

Below is an updating message I have posted elsewhere about developments with our family history research specific to your part of northern Norway. DIS-Norge has been invaluable in offering genealogical suggestions about the importance of working methodically and sourcing all family history claims with sound evidence wherever possible. This has given new direction and inspiration to our work. I hope what follows is useful to DIS-Norge members who are researching Skjerstad. We are trying to formulate a community of researchers and anyone who wants to contribute is welcome to join us.

Response to earlier MyHeritage communications about distant relations of the Blix Family associated with Skjerstad.

This is a message to individuals who have communicated with me online about distant relatives within MyHeritage over many months. I wanted to share with you what I have just written to more recent correspondents about how our research is progressing. I hope there is something of an update for you. These are the subjects of our current investigations:

Hans Lauritzen Blix (1596-1666) (my 8th great grandfather, Pastor to Bodø and Provost of Salten)

Lauritz Hanssøn Blix (1633-1717)

Mons Larsen Blix (1704-1788)

Hans Monsen Blix, D.E 1733-1816

Mons Hansen Blix 1760-1852

Hans Monsen Blix D.Y. 1784-1862

Jacob Andreas Hansen Blix, Misvær 1806-1884

Ole Martinus Jacobsen, Misvær 1846-1913 (Ole was my great grandfather in Trondheim. He managed the Trondheim Telegraph Office)

Thanks you for your recent response to the May 2016 message I posted to MyHeritage family tree site managers who are linked to Blix family associated with Skjerstad. I am returning this reply, which I hope you will find helpful. That earlier message hopefully explained that we are now concentrating our genealogical investigations and collaborations on the eight generations of the Blix family covering the period of 1600 -1900.

We are a small community at present with a shared interest in extending the Blix family history and hope that you can contribute. If you are a relative of ours and are active on Facebook (FB) I would be happy to invite you to join our shared Jakobsen-Solheim Research Group. This is just beginning and is intended to facilitate communication between distant cousins in Norway, England and America. If you start at the beginning of the website in November 2015 you can see our evolution with text and pictures from site users. Over time we hope to be able to include both more historical and current photographs.

I have written a paper entitled “Single Narrative” which tells the story of our visit to Trondheim in June 2015 and would be happy to share this with you if you request it. It focuses primarily on the family of Ole Martinus Jacobsen (1846-1913) who descended from the Blix family of Skjerstad.

I have also constructed a family tree within GENi that dates back to Elizaveta in 1033 which we are treating cautiously as the data is not fully evidence based. If you would like to see it I can email it as an attachment to you.

Here is an online genealogical facility that we are using specific to areas like Bodø, Mohus and Misvær in northern Norway.

http://wiki.skjerstad.info/index.php?title=Hovedside

If you look at this webpage you will see reference to the important work of Terje Gudbrandson

Terje Gudbrandson has solid experience in writing bygdebøker. He is responsible for the previous seven volumes in the series genus and farm history for Bodin. This he has worked with for decades and through this work acquired a unique knowledge of the circumstances around the Salten in ancient times. The series about Bodin is considered to be chief of this type of literature nationwide. Genus and farm story should be finished printed in 2016. A gigantic work of 2,000 pages plus separate pages with color images in 3 books.

Books and other Blix history references:

Staff at Skjerstad Wiki mention two new books of interest to researchers investigating the Bliz family in the Skjerstad area: Gunnar Berg: Nye slekter i Skjerstad and Thomas Norum: Slekten Blix fra Jemtland (Stormen library, Bodø).

We would very much value identifying anyone in the extended family with the time, motivation and competence to read these Norwegian language texts. If you could interpret what they contribute to our understanding of the Blix family in English that would be a major asset to our group’s aspirations. It is possible that there is not too much new information but we need to be certain.

Here are another eight books specific to Skjerstad:

http://www.genealogi.no/mediawiki/index ... #Skjerstad

Skjerstad
Houses along: yard and tradition in Skjerstad
Norwegian primary school 250 years: school Skjerstad: jubilee journal 1739-1989
Skjerstad parish and parish and Misvær chapel rural history
Tree for Skjerstad and Fauske. B.1
Tree for Skjerstad and Fauske. B.2
Tree for Skjerstad and Fauske. B.3: Fauske vicinity
Tree for Skjerstad and Fauske. B.4: Sulitjelma
Tree for Skjerstad and Fauske. B.5: New generations of Skjerstad update and continuation 1850-1995

Dis-Norge is an online genealogical researching organisation in Norwegian and English you can join at http://www.disnorge.no/cms/ They have been invaluable in supporting our family tree development through their massive digitals archives with bibliographical data.

If you want to communicate directly to me please send an email to:

Michael.pomerantz44@gmail.com.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Skjerstad»