Rogils and Frederik Nilsen Forberg of Snaasa

Moderator: MOD_Nord-Trøndelag

Svar
Barry M. Dahl

Re: Rogils and Frederik Nilsen Forberg of Snaasa

Legg inn av Barry M. Dahl » 5. mai 2006 kl. 7.01

dear Sirs:

My name is Barry M. Dahl, of Rochester, Minnesota, I am the
Genealogist for the Tronderlag of America.
I am researching the Forberg family in Snaasa, Frederik Nilssen
Forberg, who was a priest there from 1575/1614. It states in the Snaasa bok IV that his father Herr Nils was knapt snasing, which i think means he was not from Snaasa. Is there any way to determine where this family originated from? My ancestor was Frederiks brother Rogils Nilssen Forberg. Is there a historie lag in Nord Trondelag that could help me also?
Tak skal du har, for dette hjelp. Barry

gj05122
Sted: OSLO

Legg inn av gj05122 » 5. mai 2006 kl. 23.17

I am sorry, but I don&#;t know anymore than what the bygdebook says, and that it is unknown where they were from. They must have been born early in the 1500s and there are no churchbooks and it is hard to trace people further back than that, unless they belonged to some of the very few well known families, and there is no sign they do.

Which of his sons do you come from? Just wondering if we are related.

Anne

Anne

Barry M. Dahl

Legg inn av Barry M. Dahl » 6. mai 2006 kl. 7.07

Rogils nilssen Forberg, is my ancestor. I was hoping that if his father Nils was addressed as Herr Nils that he may have been from one of the priestly families as Rogils brother was a priest.

gj05122
Sted: OSLO

Legg inn av gj05122 » 7. mai 2006 kl. 2.21

I haven&#;t seen any mentioned of their father Nils, and nothing that I have see calls him Herr Nils, his son however who was a priest and called Herr Fredrik Nilsen.
I meant which of Rogils son&#;s was your ancestor, Nils or Jørgen? Jørgen&#;s son Fredrik married one of my relatives.

Anne

Barry M. Dahl

Legg inn av Barry M. Dahl » 7. mai 2006 kl. 6.22

Hei Anne og tak for sist.
Here is a descendency list of my family.
1. Herr Nils Forberg abt. 1500 2. Rogils Nilsen Forberg abt. 1530 3. Jørgen Rogilsen Forberg abt 1565 4. Fredrik Jørgensen Aun abt. 1594 married Kari Halvardsdatter born abt. 1582 5. Jørgen Fredriksen Forberg abt 1633, marrried Marit Jonsdatter 6. Erik Jørgensen Øksnes abt 1663-22 Jun 1739, married Olou Botalfsdatter 7. Jørgen Eriksen Øksnes 1702-1744, married Elen baardsdatter Eidberg 1703- 1781 8. Marit Jørgensdatter Øksnes, married Tollev Storkersen Saur 1728- 1800 9. Storker Tollevsen 1761 1835 marrried Anne Olsdatter Brunstad 1729. 10. Ole Storkersen Saur 1815+ 1901. Ole married Anna Marta Larsdtter Wennes of the Stod parish. They were my emigrant ancestors. They both died in Minnesota and are buried in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery, Hesper, Iowa. Ole took the name Aasum when they came here I think that was because it was the last farm he had owned before they left Norway. They have a large family living all over the United States.
Barry

gj09930
Sted: BRYNE

Legg inn av gj09930 » 2. september 2009 kl. 20.44

Hi Bary

Storker Tollevsen was my forth great granfather. I did not have anything before him. Glad that you shared this with us.

Thanks

PS: I am using http://www.geni.com - you find me there.

Svar

Gå tilbake til «Snåsa»